lunes, 12 de enero de 2015

The Fishbowl Activity

This strategy is especially useful when you want to make sure all students participate in the discussion, when you want to help students reflect on what a “good discussion” looks like, and when you need a structure for discussing controversial or difficult topics. Fishbowls make excellent pre-writing activities, often unearthing questions or ideas that students can explore more deeply in an independent assignment. 


It's an activity I want to try for sure, but to me, as a student that lived that moment it was so stressful and it seriously gave me anxiety, because I couldn't talk or give my opinion or stop and say "hey, I don't understand this" But once the roles reversed and I got to be inside the fishbowl it was relieving to get the chance to talk and to blow off steam.